Detectives are investigating after an expensive collection of jewellery was stolen during a burglary in Well, near Bedale.
Sometime between 5.30pm and 10pm on Tuesday 22 November 2011, a property on Bedale Road was broken into and almost £20,000 worth of jewellery was taken.
The stolen items included a gold link bracelet worth £3000, a diamond encrusted tie pin valued at £1,500 and ladies’ Gucci watch.
Officers believe that the offenders used a pair of ladders to gain entry to the house through a first floor window.
Police, who have been making house to house enquiries and conducting forensic examinations, are appealing to anyone who saw any suspicious people or vehicles in the area at the time of the burglary to get in touch.
Detective Constable Gillian Gowling, of Northallerton CID, said: “Being burgled is a distressing experience for anyone and in this case it is particularly upsetting due to the value of the items stolen, some of which were very personal to the victims.
“I am appealing to anyone who has information about the burglary to contact the police or Crimestoppers with information.
“I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have been offered any of the items for sale in suspicious circumstances or seen them for sale anywhere.
“I would also like to advise all home owners to be vigilant and take the necessary security steps to ensure they do not become a target for thieves.”
Anyone who can help the police with their enquiries is urged to call 0845 60 60 24 7, select option two and ask for DC Gillian Gowling, or Northallerton CID, quoting reference number 12110197887.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A full list of the stolen jewellery:
- One pair of 18 carat oblong shaped gold cuff links initialed BvC
- Two pairs of 18 carat oblong shaped gold cuff links initialed GvC
- One pair of 18 carat gold squared and corrugated cuff links
- Gold stick pin for a tie with emblem of a grouse made of small diamonds with a ruby eye
- Gold stick pin for a tie gold with an emblem of a horse shoe made of small diamonds with inset sapphires
- One stud set for stiff collar and buttons on shirt made of white ebony and gold
- Silver flat oval hairbrush with white bristles and initials GVC
- A five stone diamond ring, circa 1930, the five graduated cushion shaped diamonds
- A gold link bracelet
- A pair of 18ct yellow gold knot earrings
- A pair of white and gold entwined earrings
- An 18ct yellow gold wedding band with engraving inside
- A square amber / topaz ring mounted on a gold band the stone approx 1cm square
- An aquamarine single drop necklace, ring and bracelet
- A ladies 6000L Gucci watch
- Two yellow gold tie pins with fox masks
- A horse shoe stick pin with one stone missing
- A coral necklace